MEATA 2015 Spring Apprenticeship Conference
"How to Make Apprenticeships Work!"
May 20–22, 2015
UAW Black Lake Conference Center
2000 Maxon Road
Onaway, MI 49765
From President Obama on down, everyone is talking about the importance and benefit of apprenticeship training these days. MEATA's 2015 Spring Apprenticeship Conference is devoted to the practical aspects of how to make apprenticeships work.
Conference session topics will include:
- Transforming career guidance counseling
- Bringing back career and technical education (CTE) at the K-12 level
- Competency-based and front-loaded apprenticeship models
- Using the DOL’s new Apprenticeship Quick Start Toolkit
- Apprenticeship readiness and testing
- Federal and state funding for apprenticeships
- Multiple best practice models for engaging youth and companies to promote apprenticeable occupations
- …and lots more! (Get the complete agenda here.)
Additional activities associated with the conference include:
- Twilight Golf on Wednesday
- Networking Dinner on Wednesday
- Gift Exchange (during dinner on Thursday)...bring a gift that represents your company, organization, community, etc.
This is a must-attend event for educators, training coordinators, HR professionals, and anyone with an interest in developing, growing or improving apprenticeship training programs.
Cost for attending the conference, including meals and beverages, is just $175 per person. For K-12 educators and U.S. Dept. of Labor employees, we offer a special rate of just $100!
Register for the Conference Online or contact Phil Crockett via e-mail at or by phone at 248-232-4196 to reserve your seat(s) today!
Lodging at the conference center is just $97 per night for conference attendees. There is an additional $17 per night lodging fee if bringing a guest (spouse, etc.) who is not paying to attend the conference. Guest meal costs will be billed in addition to your lodging. (A total of $77 per guest would cover all meal expenses from Wednesday dinner through breakfast on Friday.) To make reservations, call the Black Lake Conference Center at (989) 733-8521. Please inform the reservation desk if bringing a guest in order to coordinate all lodging and meal arrangements.