MEATA's 2018 Spring Apprenticeship Conference took place on May 22-25 at the Holiday Inn Resort West Bay Beach in Traverse City. This was MEATA's biggest conference ever, with around 180 people attending the event. The highlight of the conference was the very first Apprenticeship in a Day WORKShop during which a total of 12 companies/organizations completed AND registered their Standards of Apprenticeship with the U.S. Dept. of Labor in just a single day!
For a summary of the important accomplishments that happened at the event, please check out the Thank You Letter to Participants from MEATA Chair Janene Erne.
There were also tons of great presentations and learning sessions during the conference, including:
- Roger Curtis, Director of Michigan's Department of Talent and Economic Development, was Wednesday's Keynote Speaker and he unveiled Michigan's new Experience Sooner apprenticeship marketing campaign
- Non-traditional Programs with a Twist on Intermediary Credentials: Agriculture and Marine Technology
- A New Apprenticeship Opportunity for Artificial Intelligence Technicians
- Registered Apprenticeship for Workforce Development Specialists
- Women in the Trades
- Michigan's Talent Pipeline Management Efforts
- Everything Apprenticeship Providers Need to Know about EEO
- A spotlight on the Michigan Apprenticeship Steering Committee, Inc. (MASCI)
- Tours of L. Mawby Vineyards and Michigan Local Hops (a 200-acre hops farm)
Copies of a handful of the Powerpoint presentations and other documents from the conference are available for download from the site's Documents section.
A Google Photos album contains pictures from the Apprenticeship in a Day signings.
Here are some links to press coverage of the conference and the State of Michigan's unveiling of the Experience Sooner campaign:
|Master Level Conference Sponsor|
|Journey Level Conference Sponsors|