MEATA's 2018 Spring Apprenticeship Conference takes place on May 22-25 at the Holiday Inn Resort West Bay Beach in Traverse City!
This year's theme is Apprenticeship 2020: Focus on the Future and a highlight of the conference will be the very first Apprenticeship in a Day WORKShop through which MEATA will take a select group of companies and organizations through the entire apprenticeship registration process in just a single day! This workshop is for EVERYONE, not just the companies...all conference attendees will walk away with a thorough, practical understanding of how a registered apprenticeship program is created!
While the WORKShop will consume all of one day (Thursday) at the conference, there will be tons of great sessions during the rest of the event. The complete agenda can be downloaded here, but here is a brief summary:
- On Tuesday, May 22nd, Early Registration will open from 3:00-6:00 pm, followed by a Networking session for attendees arriving on Tuesday
- Registration opens and breakfast will be served from 7:00-8:00 am on Wednesday
- Roger Curtis, Director of Michigan's Department of Talent of Economic Development, will be Wednesday's Keynote Speaker and he'll provide details on Michigan's Marshall Plan for Talent
- Sessions will run through 2:30 pm on Wednesday, followed by tours of L. Mawby Vineyards and Michigan Local Hops (a 200-acre hops farm)
- Thursday will be devoted to the innovative Apprenticeship in a Day WORKShop, and MEATA's famous Dinner and Gift Exchange will take place on Thursday night
- The final day of the conference (Friday) will start with breakfast at 7:00 am, followed by a handful of very cool learning sessions and a future-focused closing session led by MEATA Chair Janene Erne
Session topics to be covered at the conference include:
- Non-traditional Programs with a Twist on Intermediary Credentials: Agriculture and Marine Technology
- Apprenticeship Meets Artificial Intelligence
- Registered Apprenticeship for Workforce Development Specialists
- Internship to Registered Apprenticeship
- Women in the Trades
- Michigan's Talent Pipeline Management Efforts
- Everything Apprenticeship Providers Need to Know about EEO
- Apprenticeship Success Stories from Local Traverse City "Mom and Pop" Companies
- A spotlight on the Michigan Apprenticeship Steering Committee, Inc. (MASCI)
Cost to attend the entire conference, including meals, is just $275 per person...with a discount rate of $200 for K-12 professionals* and U.S. DOL staff.
The conference is sold out and registration is closed.
We have so many people coming to the conference that we've filled up the West Bay Beach Resort's availability. So, if you're attending and looking to book a room nearby, the alternate hotel is the Bayshore Resort, 833 E Front St, Traverse City, MI 49686, bayshore-resort.com, 231-935-4400. The Bayshore Resort is less than half a mile from the West Bay Beach Resort (with the Hagerty Center located between the two hotels).
|Master Level Conference Sponsor|
|Journey Level Conference Sponsors|