The entire Apprenticeship community in the state of Michigan has combined their talents and resources to provide a comprehensive statewide conference highlighting pathways and requirements needed to develop, register, and coordinate successful U.S. DOL Registered Apprenticeship programs. Attendees will also learn about great K-12 programs that can serve as pipelines/gateways to apprenticeship.
Check out the Agenda-at-a-Glance PDF document for a complete schedule of events. Here are some highlights:
- The registration table opens on Monday, May 23rd from 3-6 pm and will reopen on Tuesday, May 24th at 7 am
- Breakfast is provided starting at 7 am from Tuesday through Friday and Lunch is provided Tuesday through Thursday
- Presentation sessions run all day on Tuesday and Wednesday, on Thursday morning, and on Friday morning followed by a MEATA business meeting and officer elections
- Thursday afternoon will be a fun half-day of hands-on activities (from basics wiring and carpentry to heavy equipment operating) as attendees team up to compete in the first-ever MEATA-MASCI Skilled Trades Challenge—so bring clothes that you won't mind getting a little dirty
- Join fellow conference attendees for a riverboat cruise on the Bavarian Belle on Tuesday night
- Enjoy a world-famous Bavarian Inn dinner on Thursday night at which time we'll announce the Skilled Trades Challenge winners and conduct MEATA's famous Gift Exchange (bring an unwrapped gift item to exchange)
Cost to attend the conference is just $275 per person, and K-12 professionals and U.S. DOL employees can take advantage of a special rate of just $200! The fee includes all conference materials, as well as breakfast on Tue-Fri, lunch on Tue-Thurs, and dinner on Thursday!
Interested in being a sponsor for the Skilled Trades Challenge? There are lots of opportunities to participate as a sponsor. Download the sponsorship form for complete details!
MEATA has also arranged for discounted lodging at the Bavarian Inn Lodge at rates of $104 per night for standard double, premium double, or king rooms and $164 per night for suites. Deadline to take advantage of these rates is Friday, April 22, 2016. Reservations can be made by calling the Bavarian Inn Lodge toll free at 1-855-652-7200. Be sure to mention that you're with the MEATA group or use group number 12776G when registering to get the discounted conference rate.